Thursday, July 7, 2011

"I No Send You" male version



Tha Suspect is one sick creative genius. Music is what he is meant to do, and it is a twist from his early aspirations of being a footballer. I am glad he maintained his physique. So the remix of "I No Send You" is out with a music video courtesy of Clarence Peters. The MV features Sound Sultan, Ill Bliss, Ghetto P, MI-Fliss, MI, Vector and Naeto C with DJ Tee. I gotta look into this DJ 'cause he's on top of things.

Sound Sultan is one of my favorite artists and an underrated one too. He can do a party song, "Very Good Bad Guy," and "Owo," and he can also focus on social issues with "Gengen," "Craze World," and "2010." He mentions that he "...started this Gangsta ish but they still no give [him] credit..." which is a fair point. Sound Sultan delivered his lines. This also says something about the genius of Tha Suspect. He is the Tade Ogidan of Naija rap/hip-hop.

Ill Bliss spouts confidence. Everything about him says "I got this!" And while I did try to pay attention to him, Tha Suspect in the outfit and glasses, the makeshift CNN and Tha Suspect's LOL catapulted my attention. I like Ill Bliss, he does not have to force anything and his swagger in a suit is seriously impressive.

Ghetto P. Who is this guy? I am so late to the game and I am impressed by him. He reminds me so much of Zee. I like his flow. I wanted more razz or sparks but I do like this hidden gem here. That he and Suspect are donning glasses makes for a magazine cover.

MI Fliss is good. He sounds like a poet, with a vengeance, and can you blame him. A look at what Naija calls hip-hop nowadays is sad. My favorite line, "okay you dey wear tattoo, make I dey fear you?" He knows who he's talking about and I like that he got to the point quickly. I know nothing about this guy and he got me hooked. And there is no pho-neh. They have their own accents and it doesn't come off as forced, more like someone who has lived abroad for a bit. And he supplements with some native tongue which is just butter on Agege bread.

"Unequivocally, I am the epitome of delivery..."-MI
His first line alone had me pause and restart that part again. MI is without a doubt a great lyricist. He will most likely go down in Naija's history books, if only someone would write them, as one of the greatest lyricist ever. Ever since he came out, I have been hooked. "Nobody Test Me," "Somebody Wants to Die," "Safe," the guy is good. His voice is unique, his flow is one in a fucking million and he nailed his part to a T. "And AE, I, O, U no vowels...," come on! Who does that? This guy is fucking genius. This is his best collabo so far. And we get to see more of the sculpture that is Tha Suspect @3:06-3:15 and at @3:20-3:24.

Vector is good. I heard a Greek reference there, and the same thing that got me with MI's safe with "I spit like Machiavelli," got me here with "I'm up here like Leonidus." That appeals to my intellect and if you can use such allusion well then you got me. I like his flow and his swagger.

Naeto C is handsome and cool but I just am not feeling him. I want to so badly cause I have mad respect for him for getting his Msc in Energy Economics. I applaud his achievements, and I love his dress sense, but I wasn't feeling him. I do however love this one line from him, "Na Mac I dey use boss so virus no fit penetrate." I get it 'cause I got an iPod and I so get the whole virus thing. So, I will like him for that geek moment.

With all these product placement, can our Nigerian artists get contracts with these companies. There was the NY hat with Mo'Cheddah, the Old Navy Hoodie Tha Suspect wore with Ghetto P, and the Mac dropped in Naeto's lines.

Sorry boys, the ladies won this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment