Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DBSK-TVXQ-JYJ

I applaud celebrities. I love my privacy and for them to be so open to put themselves on such a platform is scary to me. I am a fan of korean pop and korean drama. I used to watch this channel called Arirang and I was introduced to DBSK/TVXQ, Shinee, FT Island, Shinee, Super Junior, SNSD, Girls Generation, etc.

Now DBSK/TVXQ was and is my first Korean boy band, actually they are all full grown men now. But they were my first. They began in South Korea, and Wikipedia help me out here:

TVXQ, an acronym for Tong Vfang Xien Qi, is a South Korean pop group formed in 2003 under SM Entertainment. In South Korea they are known as Dong Bang Shin Ki often abbreviated as DBSK; and in Japan as Tohoshinki. Their name translates to "The Rising Gods of the East".
U-Know Yunho
Max Changmin
Hero JaeJoong
Micky Yoochun
Xiah Junsu
Credit: LiveJournal users: mytsubasa, ibleedyunho, YONGYONG

Now this group is amazing. Their first video I saw was Mirotic and this was when I missed artists who actually danced, not gyrated. So they filled that niche beautifully and I have loved them (and the kpop that followed) since. The language is beautiful, I'm learning a few words here and there, their dancing is amazing to watch, the choreography is awesome and the video and the concept is stunning. This is what I want from my Naija stars but no, they're all autotuned-I-got-money-and-non-Naija-girls.

And those bodies, it's icing on the cake.

They are all so so beautiful, and they are dedicated. They are now venturing into acting and some of them have found quite a niche for it. Yunho was in Heading to the Ground and I would've loved Junsu to make a cameo since he loves soccer (me gusta!). His most recent work, till date, is Poseidon. Changmin was in Paradise Ranch. JaeJoong was in Protect the Boss and Time Slip Dr. Jin. Micky was in Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Miss Ripley and Rooftop Prince. Junsu had a cameo as himself on Scent of a Woman. And when they are not acting, they lend their voices to soundtracks. 

And the point of this is that sniffle my first kpop group, my very first foray into South Korean music and drama sniffle, splitting up. I keep replaying Mirotic and watching in amazement at their chemistry. I keep watching their performances on variety shows and I just cannot come to terms with their disbandment. In all fairness, I do support their move. Apparently, they were under some, Wikipedia and a notice:

The Seoul Central District Court in October 2009 ruled in favor of JYJ affirming their right to independently engage in entertainment activities and granted JYJ's injunction suspending the JYJ-SM contract; its ruling emphatically pointed out it was a "subjugating contract" with terms that are grossly incompatible with Korean labor and contract law.

JaeJoong, Yoochun and Junsu formed JYJ while Yunho and Changmin remained as TVXQ members. I will continue to support all of them because I love them all. They all have talent and I hope to see more of them. I will miss seeing them as one but I want them to continue making good music because they are seriously talented chincha! And if they will keep bringing things like these out:


 

FIGHTING OPPAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment