Friday, October 12, 2012

ALUU 4

Four University of Port Harcourt students named Ugonna, Ilyod, Tekana and Chidiaka were this morning beaten to death by indegenes of Aluu community for allegedly stealing phones and laptops in an off campus hostel...

Instead of calling the police and getting them arrested, people of this community beat these students who were not even armed until they stopped breathing. Then they took pictures, filmed it and spread it around. This happened today in PH. We are gradually losing our humanity in this country. The boys were all in their early 20s. I hope some people get arrested for this. 
Source, and another

When I say Nigeria is mental, people think I'm cursing the nation. Nigeria is not cursed, its people are just mental. There are so many psychological problems in that nation that one could write volumes of books.

I detest jungle justice. I remember writing about a young man who was beaten, burnt and murdered by a mob over a necklace. I don't even care what the crime is, I really don't. But in all the cases, the victim is poor--and I stand by that statement. Why don't the people storm to the local chairman or governor's house and put a tire on his/her head and burn them? Because those folks aren't poor. Granted that Nigerians are fed up. But, nothing and absolutely nothing excuses this mob mentality, this absolute disregard for life.

I am disgusted, I am appalled and I just can't with this country. And we just celebrated 52 years of independence recently and already, we're back to such evil. This is not even animalistic, animals don't do this. This is just Nigerians, pure Nigerians.

I can't even begin to fathom what was going through those poor young men's minds, or their parents when they see the video--trust Naija, there is a video. If it's not a rape that is being videotaped, it's a woman being stripped naked or it's a murder being committed. Just when I think the country is moving forward, it takes the greatest leap backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment